Just a quick note to thank everyone who has dropped in from around the world to our humble corner of the internets, and some brief info updates to pass along.
- The Open Position Chord series will finish up in a couple days, after which we’ll do an extended post on movable barre formations for the five main types of chords (major, minor, major 7th, dominant 7th, and minor 7th). Within the next few weeks, I intend to pull the most useful and visual pieces (chord charts and photos) from all of those posts, and post PDFs on the Resources page, as well as brief slideshows on the sidebar.
- Still one more post to go from the Power Practice series started a few weeks back, and it’s probably the most important and useful one of all: what to practice. It’s such a loaded, subjective question, that I wanted to spend some extra time on it. It’s very difficult to try to write a “one size fits all” approach to what sort of material one should practice, but there certainly are some universal concepts that we can stick to. Should be posted by the end of February or first week of March, after which the posts will be assembled, edited, and reposted as a PDF on the Resources page.
- Another practice mini-book is being finished up, less strategic than the Power Practice posts, and more tactically oriented. It’s designed to provide action items to players of all levels, things anyone can do right now to step up their game, guaranteed. It will also be posted on the Resources page.
- More Licks of the Week coming soon.
- More classical tech practice pieces will be tabbed and posted soon.
All of the above items will be free. We’ll also be introducing products and items that will be for purchase, within the next couple of months.
As always, your thoughts and comments are important to us here at PTG. Please send any correspondence to the link on the Contact Us page, and we’ll respond ASAP. Thanks!